Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to Andreena Mill. You may have heard of her as a guest singer, most notably on Drake’s Closer To My Dreams or Saukrates’ Hot Like Summer. But making her debut as a solo artist at the Booth, Ms. Mill takes on a different sound on her new single, Like Me. With a brash production style, provided by Soundsmith, the singer boasts and brags for about three and a half minutes. Like most of you, I’ve heard very little of Andreena Mill; but from what I have heard, she seems to have an impressive voice, which makes her style here a departure from the norm. The quick-strike nature of the instrumental almost forces Andreena to delve into a sung-rapping technique, one perfected most notable by Beyonce. Like Me is catchy indeed, and the song is prone to grow on you, but personally I’d like to see Mill flex her vocals a bit more. How about you? Either way, it will be interesting to see how she fairs on her debut album, All Eyes on Me, yet to be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 05/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Like Summer" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.