Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to Andreena Mill. You may have heard of her as a guest singer, most notably on Drake’s Closer To My Dreams or Saukrates’ Hot Like Summer. But making her debut as a solo artist at the Booth, Ms. Mill takes on a different sound on her new single, Like Me. With a brash production style, provided by Soundsmith, the singer boasts and brags for about three and a half minutes. Like most of you, I’ve heard very little of Andreena Mill; but from what I have heard, she seems to have an impressive voice, which makes her style here a departure from the norm. The quick-strike nature of the instrumental almost forces Andreena to delve into a sung-rapping technique, one perfected most notable by Beyonce. Like Me is catchy indeed, and the song is prone to grow on you, but personally I’d like to see Mill flex her vocals a bit more. How about you? Either way, it will be interesting to see how she fairs on her debut album, All Eyes on Me, yet to be given a release date.
Written by Jon Garcia on 05/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Like Summer" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.