While Andra Day is a newcomer to our pages, Boothgoers who spend time in front of the tube may already be familiar with the Warner Bros./Buskin signee’s debut promotional single. Throughout the summer, Coolin’ in the Streets has received heavy rotation as part of a nationally-aired commercial for Bud Light Lime. And it’s no mystery why the song was selected; featuring the San Diego singer’s buoyant vocal stylings and producer Adrian Gurvitz‘s dreamy, string-drenched production, it’s the perfect background music for cracking open an cold one with good friends. Ziggy Marley underscores the record’s sunny vibe with a breezy guest bridge, as well as providing backing vocals throughout the cut. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Andra Day has yet to announce plans for her untitled debut, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.