While Andra Day is a newcomer to our pages, Boothgoers who spend time in front of the tube may already be familiar with the Warner Bros./Buskin signee’s debut promotional single. Throughout the summer, Coolin’ in the Streets has received heavy rotation as part of a nationally-aired commercial for Bud Light Lime. And it’s no mystery why the song was selected; featuring the San Diego singer’s buoyant vocal stylings and producer Adrian Gurvitz‘s dreamy, string-drenched production, it’s the perfect background music for cracking open an cold one with good friends. Ziggy Marley underscores the record’s sunny vibe with a breezy guest bridge, as well as providing backing vocals throughout the cut. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Andra Day has yet to announce plans for her untitled debut, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.