While Andra Day is a newcomer to our pages, Boothgoers who spend time in front of the tube may already be familiar with the Warner Bros./Buskin signee’s debut promotional single. Throughout the summer, Coolin’ in the Streets has received heavy rotation as part of a nationally-aired commercial for Bud Light Lime. And it’s no mystery why the song was selected; featuring the San Diego singer’s buoyant vocal stylings and producer Adrian Gurvitz‘s dreamy, string-drenched production, it’s the perfect background music for cracking open an cold one with good friends. Ziggy Marley underscores the record’s sunny vibe with a breezy guest bridge, as well as providing backing vocals throughout the cut. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Andra Day has yet to announce plans for her untitled debut, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.