While Andra Day is a newcomer to our pages, Boothgoers who spend time in front of the tube may already be familiar with the Warner Bros./Buskin signee’s debut promotional single. Throughout the summer, Coolin’ in the Streets has received heavy rotation as part of a nationally-aired commercial for Bud Light Lime. And it’s no mystery why the song was selected; featuring the San Diego singer’s buoyant vocal stylings and producer Adrian Gurvitz‘s dreamy, string-drenched production, it’s the perfect background music for cracking open an cold one with good friends. Ziggy Marley underscores the record’s sunny vibe with a breezy guest bridge, as well as providing backing vocals throughout the cut. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Andra Day has yet to announce plans for her untitled debut, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.