I’m starting to see a theme here. The last Anderson .Paak/Lodef collab was titled DRUGS, and now the pair return with Might Be (High). Whereas DRUGS was harder than a PCP and bath salt cocktail, Might Be (High) is the equivalent of smoking a J on a warm summer’s eve. On this low-key number, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Lodef sets the mood by cooking up a hazy beat driven by sampled female vocals. Paak employs a smooth, laid-back, sung-rapped style that glides atop the track as he raps about his favorite drug of all: love… or, at the very least, lust. Might Be (High) will be featured alongside DRUGS on the Hellfyre Club-presented EP VENICE, a prelude to Anderson’s full-length album, MALIBU. Stick around for further details on both project releases.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.