I’m starting to see a theme here. The last Anderson .Paak/Lodef collab was titled DRUGS, and now the pair return with Might Be (High). Whereas DRUGS was harder than a PCP and bath salt cocktail, Might Be (High) is the equivalent of smoking a J on a warm summer’s eve. On this low-key number, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Lodef sets the mood by cooking up a hazy beat driven by sampled female vocals. Paak employs a smooth, laid-back, sung-rapped style that glides atop the track as he raps about his favorite drug of all: love… or, at the very least, lust. Might Be (High) will be featured alongside DRUGS on the Hellfyre Club-presented EP VENICE, a prelude to Anderson’s full-length album, MALIBU. Stick around for further details on both project releases.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.