With its memorable melody, emotional sweep and romantic theme, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ 2004 breakthrough single is perfect material for an R&B makeover. As a matter of fact, it already received one last year, courtesy of Macy Gray. Anderson. Paak may not be the first to put his mark on the indie-rock standard, but I dare y’all to listen to his cover of Maps and tell me he didn’t hit it out of the park. The artist and producer formerly known as Breezy Lovejoy showcases his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a minimal, synth-laced instrumental to back his restrained rendition of Karen O.‘s original verses and chorus. Aaron Benet directs the visuals, which show the artist performing to a packed house at L.A. venue Low End Theory. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many reimagined jams to be found on Anderson’s Cover Art EP, available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
West Coast buzzmaker Anderson .Paak, formerly known as Breezy Lovejoy, has unleashed his latest EP, Cover Art, via Hellfyre Club. The six-track set features the artist's renditions of popular cuts by a variety of rock, folk...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Supernova" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.