Last we heard from Anderson .Paak, it was December of 2013 and he was mourning a lost love on his understated rendition of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Maps. The So-Cal native’s first feature of the new year is also a meditation on modern romance, but the “love” in question on promo single Drugs is not the tragic, doomed kind; it’s more the anonymous, physical variety. Backed by Lodef‘s raucous, trap-infused grooves, the artist formerly known as Breezy Lovejoy celebrates the understanding that exists between him and a certain woman: “We don’t really talk / All we do is sex and leave.” This ode to narcotic-fueled jump-offs is slated to appear on forthcoming street album Malibu, due out this spring. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download .Paak’s recently-released covers collection, Cover Art, for free in the Booth.
Update: We have added the Mike Dempsey-directed visuals for Anderson’s Drugs single.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.