Last we heard from Anderson .Paak, it was December of 2013 and he was mourning a lost love on his understated rendition of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Maps. The So-Cal native’s first feature of the new year is also a meditation on modern romance, but the “love” in question on promo single Drugs is not the tragic, doomed kind; it’s more the anonymous, physical variety. Backed by Lodef‘s raucous, trap-infused grooves, the artist formerly known as Breezy Lovejoy celebrates the understanding that exists between him and a certain woman: “We don’t really talk / All we do is sex and leave.” This ode to narcotic-fueled jump-offs is slated to appear on forthcoming street album Malibu, due out this spring. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download .Paak’s recently-released covers collection, Cover Art, for free in the Booth.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.