Last we heard from Anderson .Paak, it was December of 2013 and he was mourning a lost love on his understated rendition of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Maps. The So-Cal native’s first feature of the new year is also a meditation on modern romance, but the “love” in question on promo single Drugs is not the tragic, doomed kind; it’s more the anonymous, physical variety. Backed by Lodef‘s raucous, trap-infused grooves, the artist formerly known as Breezy Lovejoy celebrates the understanding that exists between him and a certain woman: “We don’t really talk / All we do is sex and leave.” This ode to narcotic-fueled jump-offs is slated to appear on forthcoming street album Malibu, due out this spring. In the meantime, fans can still stream and download .Paak’s recently-released covers collection, Cover Art, for free in the Booth.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.