No, Anderson .Paak hasn’t joined the priesthood. He is, however, in the midst of a temporary Celibate period thanks to his steady girl’s reluctance to get it on. Over Duke Westlake‘s production, a quirky mix of piano, headnodic percussion and wordless vocal samples, the West Coast buzzmaker struggles to find a compromise between his raging libido and his desire to stay in a committed relationship. Anderson’s own hook vocals add to the record’s left-of-center appeal. Celibate is only a loosie, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from the unsigned buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.