No, Anderson .Paak hasn’t joined the priesthood. He is, however, in the midst of a temporary Celibate period thanks to his steady girl’s reluctance to get it on. Over Duke Westlake‘s production, a quirky mix of piano, headnodic percussion and wordless vocal samples, the West Coast buzzmaker struggles to find a compromise between his raging libido and his desire to stay in a committed relationship. Anderson’s own hook vocals add to the record’s left-of-center appeal. Celibate is only a loosie, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from the unsigned buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.