No, Anderson .Paak hasn’t joined the priesthood. He is, however, in the midst of a temporary Celibate period thanks to his steady girl’s reluctance to get it on. Over Duke Westlake‘s production, a quirky mix of piano, headnodic percussion and wordless vocal samples, the West Coast buzzmaker struggles to find a compromise between his raging libido and his desire to stay in a committed relationship. Anderson’s own hook vocals add to the record’s left-of-center appeal. Celibate is only a loosie, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest from the unsigned buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.