Talk to ‘Em, Analogic‘s last feature on our pages, fell short of winning Booth approval despite some enjoyably gritty bars from Kenn Starr. But you know what? F**k the past. As the Garden State producer emphasizes on new single Twenty Squared, he’s far too busy conducting his hustle in the present tense to glance in the rear-view. (So, uh, watch out when he’s changing lanes on the freeway.) Here, the beatsmith’s head-noddable boom-bap percussion and staccato organ riffs back bars by three guests who are equally focused on their paper chase; Dilated Peoples crewmates Evidence and Rakaa trade cash-centric verses with Jamla signee Sean Boog. Like what you’re hearing? Twenty Squared is just one of many bangers to be found on Analogic’s The Booth Shall Set You Free LP, due out April 1, via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Appreciation ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.