Talk to ‘Em, Analogic‘s last feature on our pages, fell short of winning Booth approval despite some enjoyably gritty bars from Kenn Starr. But you know what? F**k the past. As the Garden State producer emphasizes on new single Twenty Squared, he’s far too busy conducting his hustle in the present tense to glance in the rear-view. (So, uh, watch out when he’s changing lanes on the freeway.) Here, the beatsmith’s head-noddable boom-bap percussion and staccato organ riffs back bars by three guests who are equally focused on their paper chase; Dilated Peoples crewmates Evidence and Rakaa trade cash-centric verses with Jamla signee Sean Boog. Like what you’re hearing? Twenty Squared is just one of many bangers to be found on Analogic’s The Booth Shall Set You Free LP, due out April 1, via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Appreciation ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)