“Queens get the money!” Nearly 20 years after Mobb Deep‘s Prodigy dropped that classic line, NYC’s easternmost borough still enjoys a prestigious (and lucrative) place in the rap game, thanks in no small part to the tireless efforts of underground visionaries like Analogic and MadKem. Single numero uno off the duo’s forthcoming joint album, this throwback banger finds Analogic serving up a gritty, sampled beat as his partner drops verses liberally seasoned with allusions to local rap legends. NY BLVD is set to drop in July via Soulspazm/Elementality. In the meantime, keep it locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.