“Queens get the money!” Nearly 20 years after Mobb Deep‘s Prodigy dropped that classic line, NYC’s easternmost borough still enjoys a prestigious (and lucrative) place in the rap game, thanks in no small part to the tireless efforts of underground visionaries like Analogic and MadKem. Single numero uno off the duo’s forthcoming joint album, this throwback banger finds Analogic serving up a gritty, sampled beat as his partner drops verses liberally seasoned with allusions to local rap legends. NY BLVD is set to drop in July via Soulspazm/Elementality. In the meantime, keep it locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm Browne (The BQE Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.