If English writer Charles Caleb Colton’s 1820 statement that “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” is to be believed, today’s popular musicians can be considered some of the biggest flatterers of all time. Beatsmith Analogic and underground emcee Skyzoo, however, are clearly fed up with their ever-so-sincere style-biters—on this newly-released single (and the NJ producer’s Booth debut), the twosome kindly request that certain artists lay off the Appreciation and concentrate on coming up with something a little more original. Spitting two wordplay-heavy verses, Skyzoo muses that he’s spawned so many illegitimate musical offspring that he’s going to have to start rapping with a condom on, and Analogic backs up the sarcastic sentiment with a buzzing, synth-driven instrumental. If this track leaves you nodding your head in agreement, be sure to grab a copy of ‘logic’s forthcoming LP, It’s Only Rocket Science, due out soon via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 04/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)