If English writer Charles Caleb Colton’s 1820 statement that “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” is to be believed, today’s popular musicians can be considered some of the biggest flatterers of all time. Beatsmith Analogic and underground emcee Skyzoo, however, are clearly fed up with their ever-so-sincere style-biters—on this newly-released single (and the NJ producer’s Booth debut), the twosome kindly request that certain artists lay off the Appreciation and concentrate on coming up with something a little more original. Spitting two wordplay-heavy verses, Skyzoo muses that he’s spawned so many illegitimate musical offspring that he’s going to have to start rapping with a condom on, and Analogic backs up the sarcastic sentiment with a buzzing, synth-driven instrumental. If this track leaves you nodding your head in agreement, be sure to grab a copy of ‘logic’s forthcoming LP, It’s Only Rocket Science, due out soon via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 04/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.