If English writer Charles Caleb Colton’s 1820 statement that “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” is to be believed, today’s popular musicians can be considered some of the biggest flatterers of all time. Beatsmith Analogic and underground emcee Skyzoo, however, are clearly fed up with their ever-so-sincere style-biters—on this newly-released single (and the NJ producer’s Booth debut), the twosome kindly request that certain artists lay off the Appreciation and concentrate on coming up with something a little more original. Spitting two wordplay-heavy verses, Skyzoo muses that he’s spawned so many illegitimate musical offspring that he’s going to have to start rapping with a condom on, and Analogic backs up the sarcastic sentiment with a buzzing, synth-driven instrumental. If this track leaves you nodding your head in agreement, be sure to grab a copy of ‘logic’s forthcoming LP, It’s Only Rocket Science, due out soon via Soulspazm Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!