If English writer Charles Caleb Colton’s 1820 statement that “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” is to be believed, today’s popular musicians can be considered some of the biggest flatterers of all time. Beatsmith Analogic and underground emcee Skyzoo, however, are clearly fed up with their ever-so-sincere style-biters—on this newly-released single (and the NJ producer’s Booth debut), the twosome kindly request that certain artists lay off the Appreciation and concentrate on coming up with something a little more original. Spitting two wordplay-heavy verses, Skyzoo muses that he’s spawned so many illegitimate musical offspring that he’s going to have to start rapping with a condom on, and Analogic backs up the sarcastic sentiment with a buzzing, synth-driven instrumental. If this track leaves you nodding your head in agreement, be sure to grab a copy of ‘logic’s forthcoming LP, It’s Only Rocket Science, due out soon via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 04/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.