Later today, Zion I‘s Amp Live will be making his first foray into the solo spotlight with debut EP Kaleidoscope Theory, a project which promises to be the first of many instrumental releases from the Oakland mainstay. If you have any doubts as to whether the set is worth a digital purchase, this newly-released standout cut should lay them to rest. D.H.E.A. is fresh, innovative and utterly unpredictable; kicked off with a dissonant din of samples, the instrumental develops from a grainy, synth-bass rhythm into an expansive, brass-laced groove. Snippets of sung and rapped vocals float in and out of the mix, giving the record a hint of structure without drawing attention away from Amp’s boardwork. Like what you’re hearing? More quality beats await on the headliner’s Plug Records debut, soon to be released for purchase via iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Amp Live’s Matt Zolly-directed D.H.E.A. visual.
Written by richard on 04/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.