Amir Obè‘s first Booth feature, released earlier this month, found him indulging in two of life’s greatest pleasures: Drugs and the music of Cam’ron. On the freshly-minted follow-up, Hennessy Breath, intoxication is also a topic for discussion, but the Brooklyn buzzmaker’s switched from narcotics to top-shelf liquor. On this steamy cut, featurnig a synth-heavy beat by NYLZ, the artist uses cognac and casual sex to escape from professional and romantic stresses. Director John Greene crafts some low-key visuals to match the record’s hazy vibe. Fans can find Hennessy and much more on Amir’s Detrooklyn LP, out now online.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.