We at DJBooth.net were considering launching a new Weather section, till we realized that The Forecast would be the same every day: sunny, with a one-hundred-percent chance of dope tunes. Sadly, not everything in life is as reliable as our ability to supply you with good music – often, we can only speculate what our future may hold. On his first Booth feature, Chi-town upstart AmilCAR does just that; flowing over Nascent & QB lushly-sampled Chipmunk-soul beat, the artist ponders where he might find himself in a few years’ time, both in his career and his love life. In regard to the former, at least, he remains confident: “I’m no fortuneteller n*gga but I’ll tell you this: I’ll be worth a fortune before I fail to exist.” On the middle verse, guest spitter Mick Luter takes an optimistic tack, describing the luxurious lifestyle that he simply knows lies in his future. There may be no such thing as a sure thing but, with the talent Amir showcases here, he’s got every chance of making it. Agree with my assessment? Then keep it locked – while this unreleased cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to bring you the latest from this lyrically-astute up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Everything Behind (Clams Casino Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.