No, the DJBooth copy editors aren’t on vacation today; the indie R&B songstress formerly known as Amerie has, in fact added an extra “i” to her stage name since making her last DJBooth appearance, citing better “vibrations” as her reason for the switch. And yes, I realize that makes less than zero sense. Moving right along, Ameriie‘s latest single finds the singer so in love with a new man that she gets butterflies in the stomach Every Time she so much as thinks of him. In fact, she’s so smitten that she has to hold back emotionally so that she’s doesn’t look like a head case to outside observers: “I know I have to check myself, ‘cause if I don’t I know I’ll have you thinkin’ that I’m goin’ crazy.” The elliptical Focus… crafts an instrumental backdrop befitting the record’s tender yet intense theme, complementing the singer’s soulful vocals with slow-rolling percussion and fluttering keyboard arpeggios. So, how about it, Booth readers—are you as taken with Ameriie’s latest jam as she clearly is with the fella in question? If the answer is yes, you won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh material in store on her forthcoming, as yet unscheduled “mini-LP,” The Prelude.
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.