No, the DJBooth copy editors aren’t on vacation today; the indie R&B songstress formerly known as Amerie has, in fact added an extra “i” to her stage name since making her last DJBooth appearance, citing better “vibrations” as her reason for the switch. And yes, I realize that makes less than zero sense. Moving right along, Ameriie‘s latest single finds the singer so in love with a new man that she gets butterflies in the stomach Every Time she so much as thinks of him. In fact, she’s so smitten that she has to hold back emotionally so that she’s doesn’t look like a head case to outside observers: “I know I have to check myself, ‘cause if I don’t I know I’ll have you thinkin’ that I’m goin’ crazy.” The elliptical Focus… crafts an instrumental backdrop befitting the record’s tender yet intense theme, complementing the singer’s soulful vocals with slow-rolling percussion and fluttering keyboard arpeggios. So, how about it, Booth readers—are you as taken with Ameriie’s latest jam as she clearly is with the fella in question? If the answer is yes, you won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh material in store on her forthcoming, as yet unscheduled “mini-LP,” The Prelude.
Written by richard on 03/27/12
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.