No, the DJBooth copy editors aren’t on vacation today; the indie R&B songstress formerly known as Amerie has, in fact added an extra “i” to her stage name since making her last DJBooth appearance, citing better “vibrations” as her reason for the switch. And yes, I realize that makes less than zero sense. Moving right along, Ameriie‘s latest single finds the singer so in love with a new man that she gets butterflies in the stomach Every Time she so much as thinks of him. In fact, she’s so smitten that she has to hold back emotionally so that she’s doesn’t look like a head case to outside observers: “I know I have to check myself, ‘cause if I don’t I know I’ll have you thinkin’ that I’m goin’ crazy.” The elliptical Focus… crafts an instrumental backdrop befitting the record’s tender yet intense theme, complementing the singer’s soulful vocals with slow-rolling percussion and fluttering keyboard arpeggios. So, how about it, Booth readers—are you as taken with Ameriie’s latest jam as she clearly is with the fella in question? If the answer is yes, you won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh material in store on her forthcoming, as yet unscheduled “mini-LP,” The Prelude.
Written by richard on 03/27/12
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)