On her first album, All I Have, Amerie showcased a typical smooth R&B style, while her follow-ups, Touch and Because I Love It, had a more uptempo sound. Her upcoming senior album and Island Def Jam debut, In Love & War, however, will be drastically different in tone than all three previous sets, focusing on the more painful side of love and relationships. Amerie’s latest single finds her unable to get over an ex, wondering “Why R U the only one I think about?” Amerie’s more bluesy-than-usual vocals, along with The Buchanans’ old-school-inspired beat, add up to a record that has already drawn comparisons to Mary J. Blige circa What’s the 411? Since old-school is making such a comeback as of late, you can expect In Love & War to meet a warm reception when hit hits stores and digital retailers sometime late this summer.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/09
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.