On her first album, All I Have, Amerie showcased a typical smooth R&B style, while her follow-ups, Touch and Because I Love It, had a more uptempo sound. Her upcoming senior album and Island Def Jam debut, In Love & War, however, will be drastically different in tone than all three previous sets, focusing on the more painful side of love and relationships. Amerie’s latest single finds her unable to get over an ex, wondering “Why R U the only one I think about?” Amerie’s more bluesy-than-usual vocals, along with The Buchanans’ old-school-inspired beat, add up to a record that has already drawn comparisons to Mary J. Blige circa What’s the 411? Since old-school is making such a comeback as of late, you can expect In Love & War to meet a warm reception when hit hits stores and digital retailers sometime late this summer.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.