On her first album, All I Have, Amerie showcased a typical smooth R&B style, while her follow-ups, Touch and Because I Love It, had a more uptempo sound. Her upcoming senior album and Island Def Jam debut, In Love & War, however, will be drastically different in tone than all three previous sets, focusing on the more painful side of love and relationships. Amerie’s latest single finds her unable to get over an ex, wondering “Why R U the only one I think about?” Amerie’s more bluesy-than-usual vocals, along with The Buchanans’ old-school-inspired beat, add up to a record that has already drawn comparisons to Mary J. Blige circa What’s the 411? Since old-school is making such a comeback as of late, you can expect In Love & War to meet a warm reception when hit hits stores and digital retailers sometime late this summer.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.