After years of extensive musicological research, I’ve come to find that there are three types of new generation R&B songstresses: the Beyoncés (talent, pop appeal, sex appeal), the Alicias (talent and sex appeal, but more emphasis on talent), and the Ameries, who have much of the same talents as the previous two but for some reason get slept on. With 2009’s In Love & War, Amerie seemed to be screaming at the top of her lungs for some Billboard attention, but unfortunately no one was hearing her. Hopefully that’ll change with her newest effort Who’s Gonna Love You which has the songstress vehemently proclaiming to her (ex) boyfriend over blaring Inkredibles synths that he’ll never find anyone who will love him like she has. With some crisp vocals and enough attitude to scare Tyra Banks, Amerie sounds more than ready to step back into the spotlight. If you’re lovin this track, be sure to look out for her forthcoming, somewhat strangely titled new album Cymatica Vol. 1, which currently has no release date.
Written by Matty K on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.