After years of extensive musicological research, I’ve come to find that there are three types of new generation R&B songstresses: the Beyoncés (talent, pop appeal, sex appeal), the Alicias (talent and sex appeal, but more emphasis on talent), and the Ameries, who have much of the same talents as the previous two but for some reason get slept on. With 2009’s In Love & War, Amerie seemed to be screaming at the top of her lungs for some Billboard attention, but unfortunately no one was hearing her. Hopefully that’ll change with her newest effort Who’s Gonna Love You which has the songstress vehemently proclaiming to her (ex) boyfriend over blaring Inkredibles synths that he’ll never find anyone who will love him like she has. With some crisp vocals and enough attitude to scare Tyra Banks, Amerie sounds more than ready to step back into the spotlight. If you’re lovin this track, be sure to look out for her forthcoming, somewhat strangely titled new album Cymatica Vol. 1, which currently has no release date.
Listen to More: Amerie Written by Matty K
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.