After years of extensive musicological research, I’ve come to find that there are three types of new generation R&B songstresses: the Beyoncés (talent, pop appeal, sex appeal), the Alicias (talent and sex appeal, but more emphasis on talent), and the Ameries, who have much of the same talents as the previous two but for some reason get slept on. With 2009’s In Love & War, Amerie seemed to be screaming at the top of her lungs for some Billboard attention, but unfortunately no one was hearing her. Hopefully that’ll change with her newest effort Who’s Gonna Love You which has the songstress vehemently proclaiming to her (ex) boyfriend over blaring Inkredibles synths that he’ll never find anyone who will love him like she has. With some crisp vocals and enough attitude to scare Tyra Banks, Amerie sounds more than ready to step back into the spotlight. If you’re lovin this track, be sure to look out for her forthcoming, somewhat strangely titled new album Cymatica Vol. 1, which currently has no release date.
Written by Matty K on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)