Am I jealous of Trey Songz? Honestly? Yes, yes I am. Ever since the video for 1 Thing hit the airwaves I’ve been more than a little in love with Amerie, so while I’d prefer that I was on her new single Pretty Brown, considering my complete lack of singing abilities it’s probably best Songz handles the vocal duties. Produced by M-Phazes, Pretty Brown has a distinctly mid-90s vibe, cruising along on big synth blasts and sharp percussion, a significant sonic departure from Amerie’s previously live band-oriented work. Whatever the new direction is, it works, crafting Pretty Brown into the kind of radio-ready material that could be the comeback Amerie’s been looking for after her last album Because I Love It was held back from a U.S. release. I’ve been assured that we can expect Amerie’s new album In Love & War to reach our fair shores on November 3. I know I’ll be waiting.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.