Am I jealous of Trey Songz? Honestly? Yes, yes I am. Ever since the video for 1 Thing hit the airwaves I’ve been more than a little in love with Amerie, so while I’d prefer that I was on her new single Pretty Brown, considering my complete lack of singing abilities it’s probably best Songz handles the vocal duties. Produced by M-Phazes, Pretty Brown has a distinctly mid-90s vibe, cruising along on big synth blasts and sharp percussion, a significant sonic departure from Amerie’s previously live band-oriented work. Whatever the new direction is, it works, crafting Pretty Brown into the kind of radio-ready material that could be the comeback Amerie’s been looking for after her last album Because I Love It was held back from a U.S. release. I’ve been assured that we can expect Amerie’s new album In Love & War to reach our fair shores on November 3. I know I’ll be waiting.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.