Am I jealous of Trey Songz? Honestly? Yes, yes I am. Ever since the video for 1 Thing hit the airwaves I’ve been more than a little in love with Amerie, so while I’d prefer that I was on her new single Pretty Brown, considering my complete lack of singing abilities it’s probably best Songz handles the vocal duties. Produced by M-Phazes, Pretty Brown has a distinctly mid-90s vibe, cruising along on big synth blasts and sharp percussion, a significant sonic departure from Amerie’s previously live band-oriented work. Whatever the new direction is, it works, crafting Pretty Brown into the kind of radio-ready material that could be the comeback Amerie’s been looking for after her last album Because I Love It was held back from a U.S. release. I’ve been assured that we can expect Amerie’s new album In Love & War to reach our fair shores on November 3. I know I’ll be waiting.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.