When it comes to the club scene, pretty girls have it easy; all it takes is a little sprucing up before heading out the door and they can be sure that every eligible man at the spot will be vying for their attention—the downside, of course, is that these ladies also have to deal with the losers and deadbeats that (unfortunately) make up a sizable portion of the male population. On Heard Em All, the newly-released second single off Amerie’s forthcoming Def Jam debut, she vents about all those disappointing fellas over a minimal, synth-accented beat by Eric Hudson. Amerie’s voice is what drives this Sean Garrett-co-penned track forward—which is a good thing, since it takes up almost all of the space in the mix. If this energetic club banger catches your ear, you’re sure to find more to your liking on In Love and War, set to hit stores September 29th.
Written by Dr. D on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.