On her relationship-themed senior album (and Def Jam debut), In Love & War, Amerie will be borrowing from a wide array of musical styles—reader-acclaimed lead single Why R U?, for example, took inspiration from the smooth, classic sound of Ultramagnetic MCs classic Ego Trippin’. Old-school hip-hop fans are sure to be equally impressed by the record’s official remix, on which Amerie’s manager, Len Nicholson, samples extensively from Whodini’s One Love. As if that weren’t enough, this revamp features one impressive guest lineup. Def Jam labelmate Nas kicks things off with his reflections on love, and, after Jadakiss and Bad Boy rapper-turned-Feenix Rising signee Kain Cioffie deliver their solid middle bars, the show is unexpectedly stolen by Rick Ross, who reminds us all of his prodigious female appeal in his closing verse. This remix will definitely succeed in raising fan anticipation for the September 8th release of Amerie’s fourth full-length. In the meantime, keep it locked to our frontpage—in late August, Amerie will step into the Booth for an exclusive interview with DJ Z!
Written by Burmy on 07/22/09
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.