On her relationship-themed senior album (and Def Jam debut), In Love & War, Amerie will be borrowing from a wide array of musical styles—reader-acclaimed lead single Why R U?, for example, took inspiration from the smooth, classic sound of Ultramagnetic MCs classic Ego Trippin’. Old-school hip-hop fans are sure to be equally impressed by the record’s official remix, on which Amerie’s manager, Len Nicholson, samples extensively from Whodini’s One Love. As if that weren’t enough, this revamp features one impressive guest lineup. Def Jam labelmate Nas kicks things off with his reflections on love, and, after Jadakiss and Bad Boy rapper-turned-Feenix Rising signee Kain Cioffie deliver their solid middle bars, the show is unexpectedly stolen by Rick Ross, who reminds us all of his prodigious female appeal in his closing verse. This remix will definitely succeed in raising fan anticipation for the September 8th release of Amerie’s fourth full-length. In the meantime, keep it locked to our frontpage—in late August, Amerie will step into the Booth for an exclusive interview with DJ Z!
Written by Burmy on 07/22/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)