In her latest attempt to reclaim the mainstream success she last saw with 1 Thing, Amerie has selected the radio-friendly Heard Em All for official promotion, even pushing her forthcoming In Love & War LP to November 3 so its projected chart peak could coincide with the single’s release. Today, we present another sign of her strong belief in the record: the official remix! This version of the track retains Eric Hudson & Sean Garrett‘s percussion-driven beat, which sounds like a more organic version of Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Turnin’ Me On (you know, the single that finally got Keri Hilson her much-deserved radio props), but benefits from the addition of hip-hop megastar Lil Wayne, who addresses his uncanny knack for attracting the ladies in a brand new opening verse. Those intrigued by Amerie’s distinctive blend of playfully pop-friendly and soulfully deep musical elements should be sure to stop by the Booth on Tuesday, when the singer will share her insights in an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!