In her latest attempt to reclaim the mainstream success she last saw with 1 Thing, Amerie has selected the radio-friendly Heard Em All for official promotion, even pushing her forthcoming In Love & War LP to November 3 so its projected chart peak could coincide with the single’s release. Today, we present another sign of her strong belief in the record: the official remix! This version of the track retains Eric Hudson & Sean Garrett‘s percussion-driven beat, which sounds like a more organic version of Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Turnin’ Me On (you know, the single that finally got Keri Hilson her much-deserved radio props), but benefits from the addition of hip-hop megastar Lil Wayne, who addresses his uncanny knack for attracting the ladies in a brand new opening verse. Those intrigued by Amerie’s distinctive blend of playfully pop-friendly and soulfully deep musical elements should be sure to stop by the Booth on Tuesday, when the singer will share her insights in an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/09
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)