In her latest attempt to reclaim the mainstream success she last saw with 1 Thing, Amerie has selected the radio-friendly Heard Em All for official promotion, even pushing her forthcoming In Love & War LP to November 3 so its projected chart peak could coincide with the single’s release. Today, we present another sign of her strong belief in the record: the official remix! This version of the track retains Eric Hudson & Sean Garrett‘s percussion-driven beat, which sounds like a more organic version of Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Turnin’ Me On (you know, the single that finally got Keri Hilson her much-deserved radio props), but benefits from the addition of hip-hop megastar Lil Wayne, who addresses his uncanny knack for attracting the ladies in a brand new opening verse. Those intrigued by Amerie’s distinctive blend of playfully pop-friendly and soulfully deep musical elements should be sure to stop by the Booth on Tuesday, when the singer will share her insights in an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.