In her latest attempt to reclaim the mainstream success she last saw with 1 Thing, Amerie has selected the radio-friendly Heard Em All for official promotion, even pushing her forthcoming In Love & War LP to November 3 so its projected chart peak could coincide with the single’s release. Today, we present another sign of her strong belief in the record: the official remix! This version of the track retains Eric Hudson & Sean Garrett‘s percussion-driven beat, which sounds like a more organic version of Polow da Don‘s boardwork on Turnin’ Me On (you know, the single that finally got Keri Hilson her much-deserved radio props), but benefits from the addition of hip-hop megastar Lil Wayne, who addresses his uncanny knack for attracting the ladies in a brand new opening verse. Those intrigued by Amerie’s distinctive blend of playfully pop-friendly and soulfully deep musical elements should be sure to stop by the Booth on Tuesday, when the singer will share her insights in an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/09
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.