Amerie’s parent label, Columbia, decided to release her new album, Because I Love It, in Europe this past May; the singer assumed her domestic release would soon follow. Unfortunately for Amerie, things didn’t go according to plan. Columbia held off on a U.S. release and flirted with drop dates like Paris Hilton does rich and famous men. But alas, a single has arrived that will be pushed to radio: That’s What U R. Featuring rappers Fabolous and Slim Thug, the single will certainly have its place in the club. Too bad for Amerie, she’d rather see it on store shelves.
Written by DJ Z on 09/25/07
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.