Amerie’s parent label, Columbia, decided to release her new album, Because I Love It, in Europe this past May; the singer assumed her domestic release would soon follow. Unfortunately for Amerie, things didn’t go according to plan. Columbia held off on a U.S. release and flirted with drop dates like Paris Hilton does rich and famous men. But alas, a single has arrived that will be pushed to radio: That’s What U R. Featuring rappers Fabolous and Slim Thug, the single will certainly have its place in the club. Too bad for Amerie, she’d rather see it on store shelves.
Written by DJ Z on 09/25/07
Submit your Rating
Feeniix Rising Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Control" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.