Three uniquely creative people from three different English-speaking nations, Blewz (USA), Stacy-Ann (Jamaica), and Steve English (UK), have teamed up to form the hip-hop/pop/reggae trio American Yard. Recently signed by Akon to his Konvict label, the Yard say hello with a bang on the folkway-deviators’ anthem, Yes We Did. The overall feel has a rather Midwestern sound to it (think Bone Thugs/Do or Die), as producer Ike Boogie lends a laid-back beat that will remind many of DJ U-Neek and The Legendary Traxster’s classic production. Those who are tired of the same ‘ol same ‘ol will no doubt want the answer to “Did you hear the new American Yard?” to be “Yes We Did.”
Written by Burmy on 08/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letting Go" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.