Imagine an international hit record—what sound springs to mind? If you ask me, a worldwide smash is something that would make good background music at a soccer game, accompanied by the voices of 100,000 screaming fans. If their latest single is any indication, American Yard are in agreement. On arena-ready banger One Day At A Time, USA representative Blewz, Britain’s Steve English, and Jamaica’s Stacy-Ann join forces to—you guessed it—take over the world! (”Of course!”) And what’s a global domination scheme without some powerful production? Minim and Steve English‘s amped-up instrumental fits the bill and then some, complete with a massive drumline and a chanting crowd. If you think the Yard have got what it takes to achieve global (and chart) supremacy, help them out by giving ODAAT the rotation it deserves, and watch for their as-yet untitled debut album to hit stores in late fall.
Written by Burmy on 05/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes We Did" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.