Imagine an international hit record—what sound springs to mind? If you ask me, a worldwide smash is something that would make good background music at a soccer game, accompanied by the voices of 100,000 screaming fans. If their latest single is any indication, American Yard are in agreement. On arena-ready banger One Day At A Time, USA representative Blewz, Britain’s Steve English, and Jamaica’s Stacy-Ann join forces to—you guessed it—take over the world! (”Of course!”) And what’s a global domination scheme without some powerful production? Minim and Steve English‘s amped-up instrumental fits the bill and then some, complete with a massive drumline and a chanting crowd. If you think the Yard have got what it takes to achieve global (and chart) supremacy, help them out by giving ODAAT the rotation it deserves, and watch for their as-yet untitled debut album to hit stores in late fall.
Written by Burmy on 05/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes We Did" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.