For me, one of the most difficult parts of a breakup is deciding whether it’s worth the effort to track down all the books, CDs, DVDs, articles of clothing, and miscellaneous personal belongings I lent my ex/left at her place—as I’ve learned over the years, Letting Go, though painful, is often the easiest solution. Stacy Ann, Stevie English, and Blewz of American Yard, are, of course, addressing something a little bit deeper on the latest buzz single off their forthcoming debut LP. Over mournful yet bouncy production by Hakim, the Konvict signees combine heartbroken lyrics with a catchy melody to create a tune that will appeal not only to the recently-dumped, but to anyone who prefers their pop with a Caribbean twist. The group’s currently-untitled debut has yet to receive a spot on Konvict Ent/Universal Motown‘s release calender, but Letting Go will undoubtedly help raise the group’s profile.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes We Did" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.