For me, one of the most difficult parts of a breakup is deciding whether it’s worth the effort to track down all the books, CDs, DVDs, articles of clothing, and miscellaneous personal belongings I lent my ex/left at her place—as I’ve learned over the years, Letting Go, though painful, is often the easiest solution. Stacy Ann, Stevie English, and Blewz of American Yard, are, of course, addressing something a little bit deeper on the latest buzz single off their forthcoming debut LP. Over mournful yet bouncy production by Hakim, the Konvict signees combine heartbroken lyrics with a catchy melody to create a tune that will appeal not only to the recently-dumped, but to anyone who prefers their pop with a Caribbean twist. The group’s currently-untitled debut has yet to receive a spot on Konvict Ent/Universal Motown‘s release calender, but Letting Go will undoubtedly help raise the group’s profile.
Written by richard on 03/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes We Did" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.