For me, one of the most difficult parts of a breakup is deciding whether it’s worth the effort to track down all the books, CDs, DVDs, articles of clothing, and miscellaneous personal belongings I lent my ex/left at her place—as I’ve learned over the years, Letting Go, though painful, is often the easiest solution. Stacy Ann, Stevie English, and Blewz of American Yard, are, of course, addressing something a little bit deeper on the latest buzz single off their forthcoming debut LP. Over mournful yet bouncy production by Hakim, the Konvict signees combine heartbroken lyrics with a catchy melody to create a tune that will appeal not only to the recently-dumped, but to anyone who prefers their pop with a Caribbean twist. The group’s currently-untitled debut has yet to receive a spot on Konvict Ent/Universal Motown‘s release calender, but Letting Go will undoubtedly help raise the group’s profile.
Written by richard on 03/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes We Did" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.