I’ve frequently heard it said that excessive consumption of dairy is bad for the singing voice—something to do with increased mucus in the throat—but Amel Larrieux is a strong argument to the contrary. Though the veteran R&B songstress chows down on Ice Cream Everyday (according to the title of her next project), the vocals she showcases on Booth debut Afraid couldn’t be smoother. On this upbeat, yet blissfully mellow jam, husband Laru Larrieux‘s ‘90s-informed production gets heads nodding as the singer pays tribute to a man who’s so fine, it kinda scares her. Amel’s glittering, overdubbed harmonies only add to the cut’s silky appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more chilled-out R&B bangers on Larrieux’s sixth studio album, dropping August 27, via Blisslife Records.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.