I’ve frequently heard it said that excessive consumption of dairy is bad for the singing voice—something to do with increased mucus in the throat—but Amel Larrieux is a strong argument to the contrary. Though the veteran R&B songstress chows down on Ice Cream Everyday (according to the title of her next project), the vocals she showcases on Booth debut Afraid couldn’t be smoother. On this upbeat, yet blissfully mellow jam, husband Laru Larrieux‘s ‘90s-informed production gets heads nodding as the singer pays tribute to a man who’s so fine, it kinda scares her. Amel’s glittering, overdubbed harmonies only add to the cut’s silky appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more chilled-out R&B bangers on Larrieux’s sixth studio album, dropping August 27, via Blisslife Records.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!