I’ve frequently heard it said that excessive consumption of dairy is bad for the singing voice—something to do with increased mucus in the throat—but Amel Larrieux is a strong argument to the contrary. Though the veteran R&B songstress chows down on Ice Cream Everyday (according to the title of her next project), the vocals she showcases on Booth debut Afraid couldn’t be smoother. On this upbeat, yet blissfully mellow jam, husband Laru Larrieux‘s ‘90s-informed production gets heads nodding as the singer pays tribute to a man who’s so fine, it kinda scares her. Amel’s glittering, overdubbed harmonies only add to the cut’s silky appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more chilled-out R&B bangers on Larrieux’s sixth studio album, dropping August 27, via Blisslife Records.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.