I’ve frequently heard it said that excessive consumption of dairy is bad for the singing voice—something to do with increased mucus in the throat—but Amel Larrieux is a strong argument to the contrary. Though the veteran R&B songstress chows down on Ice Cream Everyday (according to the title of her next project), the vocals she showcases on Booth debut Afraid couldn’t be smoother. On this upbeat, yet blissfully mellow jam, husband Laru Larrieux‘s ‘90s-informed production gets heads nodding as the singer pays tribute to a man who’s so fine, it kinda scares her. Amel’s glittering, overdubbed harmonies only add to the cut’s silky appeal. If you like what you’re hearing, you can look forward to more chilled-out R&B bangers on Larrieux’s sixth studio album, dropping August 27, via Blisslife Records.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.