I know what you’re thinking: “The last time Amanda Diva was in the Booth Barack Obama had just become president and the Pittsburgh Steelers were the Super Bowl champs.” True, but good things come to those who wait, and since we’ve been waiting nearly two years, it’s a good thing Diva’s newest, Manchild, is, well, good. After becoming disillusioned with music’s more shallow elements, Diva’s spent the last few years focusing on too many other pursuits to name, but a recent burst of inspiration has her back in the studio and recording, and her first target are all the Manchildren running the streets. Produced by the always quality Ski Beatz, who crafts yet another soulful yet banging beat, Manchild is first and foremost Diva’s show as she showcases her signature vocal skills both as a rapper and a signer - bonus points for the Aretha Franklin reference – lacing cutting social consciousness in between rewind worthy bars. Digging what you’re hearing? Want more? There’s no need to wait any longer, download Amanda Diva’s new project, Madame Monochrome, right now. Seriously. Right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Woman" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.