I know what you’re thinking: “The last time Amanda Diva was in the Booth Barack Obama had just become president and the Pittsburgh Steelers were the Super Bowl champs.” True, but good things come to those who wait, and since we’ve been waiting nearly two years, it’s a good thing Diva’s newest, Manchild, is, well, good. After becoming disillusioned with music’s more shallow elements, Diva’s spent the last few years focusing on too many other pursuits to name, but a recent burst of inspiration has her back in the studio and recording, and her first target are all the Manchildren running the streets. Produced by the always quality Ski Beatz, who crafts yet another soulful yet banging beat, Manchild is first and foremost Diva’s show as she showcases her signature vocal skills both as a rapper and a signer - bonus points for the Aretha Franklin reference – lacing cutting social consciousness in between rewind worthy bars. Digging what you’re hearing? Want more? There’s no need to wait any longer, download Amanda Diva’s new project, Madame Monochrome, right now. Seriously. Right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Woman" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)