Amanda Diva has spent just as much time on the Booth rocking a guest artist pose (Get Right and Music Man) as taking the reins herself, but on her new track I Can See, Diva proves once and for all that she’s more than capable of holding the spotlight all by herself. Created as part of RubyHornet’s Closed Sessions series, I Can See brings in producer Slot-A (who just killed the Luxury remix) for a jazzy, horn based beat that Diva immediately sets out to make her own, delivering a sultry and strong performance that showcases her serious vocal and rhyme skills (shades of Lauryn Hill anyone?). For all her mic skills, I Can See’s hopeful yet biting lyrics may just impress me the most. You know, maybe that Lauryn comparison wasn’t so crazy after all. For more cuts like I Can See be sure to stay tuned to DJBooth.net and RubyHornet.com for all the latest Closed Sessions, and definitely go download Amanda Diva’s latest EP Spandex Rhymes and Soul, available now.
Listen to More: Amanda Diva
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Woman" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)