Amanda Diva has spent just as much time on the Booth rocking a guest artist pose (Get Right and Music Man) as taking the reins herself, but on her new track I Can See, Diva proves once and for all that she’s more than capable of holding the spotlight all by herself. Created as part of RubyHornet’s Closed Sessions series, I Can See brings in producer Slot-A (who just killed the Luxury remix) for a jazzy, horn based beat that Diva immediately sets out to make her own, delivering a sultry and strong performance that showcases her serious vocal and rhyme skills (shades of Lauryn Hill anyone?). For all her mic skills, I Can See’s hopeful yet biting lyrics may just impress me the most. You know, maybe that Lauryn comparison wasn’t so crazy after all. For more cuts like I Can See be sure to stay tuned to DJBooth.net and RubyHornet.com for all the latest Closed Sessions, and definitely go download Amanda Diva’s latest EP Spandex Rhymes and Soul, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Woman" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.