Amanda Diva has spent just as much time on the Booth rocking a guest artist pose (Get Right and Music Man) as taking the reins herself, but on her new track I Can See, Diva proves once and for all that she’s more than capable of holding the spotlight all by herself. Created as part of RubyHornet’s Closed Sessions series, I Can See brings in producer Slot-A (who just killed the Luxury remix) for a jazzy, horn based beat that Diva immediately sets out to make her own, delivering a sultry and strong performance that showcases her serious vocal and rhyme skills (shades of Lauryn Hill anyone?). For all her mic skills, I Can See’s hopeful yet biting lyrics may just impress me the most. You know, maybe that Lauryn comparison wasn’t so crazy after all. For more cuts like I Can See be sure to stay tuned to DJBooth.net and RubyHornet.com for all the latest Closed Sessions, and definitely go download Amanda Diva’s latest EP Spandex Rhymes and Soul, available now.
Listen to More: Amanda Diva Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Woman" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.