Amanda Diva has spent just as much time on the Booth rocking a guest artist pose (Get Right and Music Man) as taking the reins herself, but on her new track I Can See, Diva proves once and for all that she’s more than capable of holding the spotlight all by herself. Created as part of RubyHornet’s Closed Sessions series, I Can See brings in producer Slot-A (who just killed the Luxury remix) for a jazzy, horn based beat that Diva immediately sets out to make her own, delivering a sultry and strong performance that showcases her serious vocal and rhyme skills (shades of Lauryn Hill anyone?). For all her mic skills, I Can See’s hopeful yet biting lyrics may just impress me the most. You know, maybe that Lauryn comparison wasn’t so crazy after all. For more cuts like I Can See be sure to stay tuned to DJBooth.net and RubyHornet.com for all the latest Closed Sessions, and definitely go download Amanda Diva’s latest EP Spandex Rhymes and Soul, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Supa Woman" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.