In the study of Ancient Egypt, the 7th Dynasty is notable for the lack of clear historical information on the period, as well as the breakdown in central authority that occurred during its span. (Thanks, Wikipedia!) Alterbeats’ reign over underground hip-hop seems destined to play out differently; on their latest single, the French production crew and their collaborators offer clear documentation of their dominance over the game, and showcase a level of skill and passion that will prevent their power from waning anytime soon. Over the headliners’ cinematic boom-bap grooves, Queens mainstay Tragedy Khadafi and Brooklyn spitter Divine skillfully interweave mysticism and ancient history with references to current events. Feeling it? More hot beats and tightly-wound bars await on Alterbeats’ Class Struggle LP, set to hit The DJBooth Tuesday, October 29, for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"TV Screen" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.