The World Is Ours, released in June as the official theme song for Coca Cola’s World Cup ad campaign, featured R&B singer Aloe Blacc raising his voice alongside UK crooner David Correy. As evidenced by the 4.3-star average rating awarded by our readers, the collab was a smashing success. Which shouldn’t come as a surprise; after all, it was built on some top quality source material. Presented here in its original, non-mashed up form, Hello World is a sweeping ballad with an uplifting appeal all its own. Over an unknown producer’s cinematic mix of guitar, soaring strings and symphonic percussion, the Los Angeles native delivers a clarion call for global unity. This anthemic jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can hear more from Aloe on his latest full-length, 2013’s Lift Your Spirit.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
XIX Recordings / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I need a Dollar (How to Make It in America)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.