The World Is Ours, released in June as the official theme song for Coca Cola’s World Cup ad campaign, featured R&B singer Aloe Blacc raising his voice alongside UK crooner David Correy. As evidenced by the 4.3-star average rating awarded by our readers, the collab was a smashing success. Which shouldn’t come as a surprise; after all, it was built on some top quality source material. Presented here in its original, non-mashed up form, Hello World is a sweeping ballad with an uplifting appeal all its own. Over an unknown producer’s cinematic mix of guitar, soaring strings and symphonic percussion, the Los Angeles native delivers a clarion call for global unity. This anthemic jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can hear more from Aloe on his latest full-length, 2013’s Lift Your Spirit.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
XIX Recordings / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I need a Dollar (How to Make It in America)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.