The World Is Ours, released in June as the official theme song for Coca Cola’s World Cup ad campaign, featured R&B singer Aloe Blacc raising his voice alongside UK crooner David Correy. As evidenced by the 4.3-star average rating awarded by our readers, the collab was a smashing success. Which shouldn’t come as a surprise; after all, it was built on some top quality source material. Presented here in its original, non-mashed up form, Hello World is a sweeping ballad with an uplifting appeal all its own. Over an unknown producer’s cinematic mix of guitar, soaring strings and symphonic percussion, the Los Angeles native delivers a clarion call for global unity. This anthemic jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can hear more from Aloe on his latest full-length, 2013’s Lift Your Spirit.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I need a Dollar (How to Make It in America)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.