Close your eyes and imagine a mad scientist with a taste for underground hip-hop brooding over a cluster of beakers, frenetically mixing solutions and flipping levers while a thunderstorm roars outside. Suddenly, he grabs a handful of test tubes containing some of the dopest indie rappers in the game and throws them all into a cauldron, slipping on his goggles just in time for the explosion. And voila! There you have Almighty. The Wu-Tang affiliated supergroup is an army composed of Bronze Nazareth, M-80, Killah Priest, C-Rayz Walz, Son One & 5-Star, making it quite a force to be reckoned with in the throes of the underground. Their first single, Obey (The Statesmen), lets them each do their own thing over the sample-laden production of Davey D. Their debut album, Original S.I.N. (Strength in Numbers), drops July 22.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.