Having thoroughly schooled hip-hop heads on The Definition of F*ck Sh*t with his last street album, up-and-coming rapper/rim connoussieur Alley Boy is getting ready to take the class on a little field trip. On the inaugural leak off his next street release, the ATL native treats us to a guided tour of “My World” – also known as Purgatory, “the place between heaven and hell.” While the lazily-drawled portrait of street life Alley Boy paints over beatsmith Mike Caren‘s bombastic blend of soul samples and bass-booming percussion is unlikely to convert listeners who weren’t digging the unapologetically Southern style he showcased on his first Booth feature, those who could ride with Tall should find the swagger-drenched braggadocio and hard-nosed tough talk he delivers here equally enjoyable. If you fall into the latter camp, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on the Atlantic Records/Duct Tape signee’s Purgatory mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net August 3.
Written by richard on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
Atlantic Records/Duct Tape
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.