Allen Stone‘s tried whiskey, weed and pills, but the man still can’t seem to get to Sleep. And it’s just as well—when you’re an up-and-coming recording artist, every hour spent in bed offers the competition a fresh opportunity to catch up. Recently performed live on Ellen, the current single off Stone’s latest album is a driving blues number depicting the artist’s round-the-clock grind as he “[tries] to change the world with this guitar.” Throughout, he showcases the same vocal presence and charisma that earned him Stevie Wonder comparisons when he introduced himself with Contact High way back in September 2011. Daniel Cummings’ candid official visuals—premiered, with little fanfare, back in December—round out the package. Fans can find Sleep and much more on Stone’s self-titled sophomore set, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Contact High " (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.