Last we heard from Allen Stone, the Seattle singer/songwriter was filling fans in on his recent insomnia on a single off his self-titled sophomore set. Whereas many artists would hold their lack of Sleep up as proof of their relentless work ethic, the Capitol Records signee was none too happy about it; in his book, it’s better to take things slowly than to constantly move at a Million miles a minute. This newly-released promo cut offers a fuller view of his laid-back philosophy. Over his own appropriately mellow, old school-informed instrumental backdrop, he sings about his struggle to strike the appropriate balance between work and life, urging listeners, “Don’t let time slip away / Tomorrow ain’t here today.” An ear-pleasing reminder to kick back and enjoy life every now and again, this cut is available now for download from the artist’s official site. Stone doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on his plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Contact High " (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.