Last we heard from Allen Stone, the Seattle singer/songwriter was filling fans in on his recent insomnia on a single off his self-titled sophomore set. Whereas many artists would hold their lack of Sleep up as proof of their relentless work ethic, the Capitol Records signee was none too happy about it; in his book, it’s better to take things slowly than to constantly move at a Million miles a minute. This newly-released promo cut offers a fuller view of his laid-back philosophy. Over his own appropriately mellow, old school-informed instrumental backdrop, he sings about his struggle to strike the appropriate balance between work and life, urging listeners, “Don’t let time slip away / Tomorrow ain’t here today.” An ear-pleasing reminder to kick back and enjoy life every now and again, this cut is available now for download from the artist’s official site. Stone doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on his plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Contact High " (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.