In a globally connected digital age, where the old becomes new again as fast as the new becomes old, it can feel like we’ve heard it all before. So to be clear, we have heard Allen Stone’s music before. It’s the same music that’s been made by truly gifted artists for the last 50 years. It’s hard to sound classic on your first DJBooth feature, but that’s exactly what Stone’s pulled off on Contact High. While stoners may be disappointed at the song’s lack of special brownies, the rest of us will feel uplifted by the Chewelah, WA native’s voice, a voice that will inevitably draw comparisons to [insert legendary R&B/soul singer of your choice here, I’ll go with Stevie Wonder]. All of Allen’s soaring vocals are backed by some live instrument and background singer enhanced production by Andy Rose that’s as joyous as the headliner’s lyrics. Remember people, there’s nothing wrong with feeling happy, and since music’s my Contact High I won’t front, I’m smiling right now. Fresh off his fortchoming SOB’s headling show, Allen will release his self-titled new album next Tuesday (10/4) via iTunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!