You know those women who seem to know every single person in your city’s music scene, never have to pay a cover change and invariably get invited backstage at shows? I’ve dated a few of ‘em in my day, and apparently Allday has as well. Chosen as “iTunes Single of the Week” in the artist’s native Australia, You Always Know the DJ sees the unsigned rhymesayer expressing his ambivalence regarding one such chick: though he criticizes her constant partying and lack of long-term perspective, her free-spiritness clearly has him intrigued. One Above‘s synth boardwork accompanies the cut, which comes complete with visuals directed by Allday himself. Allday’s next album, Startup Cult, is set to hit Australian stores July 4; click here to pre-order it on iTunes. Fans can also click here for a free download of this single, valid until the end of the week.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl In The Sun " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.