You know those women who seem to know every single person in your city’s music scene, never have to pay a cover change and invariably get invited backstage at shows? I’ve dated a few of ‘em in my day, and apparently Allday has as well. Chosen as “iTunes Single of the Week” in the artist’s native Australia, You Always Know the DJ sees the unsigned rhymesayer expressing his ambivalence regarding one such chick: though he criticizes her constant partying and lack of long-term perspective, her free-spiritness clearly has him intrigued. One Above‘s synth boardwork accompanies the cut, which comes complete with visuals directed by Allday himself. Allday’s next album, Startup Cult, is set to hit Australian stores July 4; click here to pre-order it on iTunes. Fans can also click here for a free download of this single, valid until the end of the week.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl In The Sun " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.