You know those women who seem to know every single person in your city’s music scene, never have to pay a cover change and invariably get invited backstage at shows? I’ve dated a few of ‘em in my day, and apparently Allday has as well. Chosen as “iTunes Single of the Week” in the artist’s native Australia, You Always Know the DJ sees the unsigned rhymesayer expressing his ambivalence regarding one such chick: though he criticizes her constant partying and lack of long-term perspective, her free-spiritness clearly has him intrigued. One Above‘s synth boardwork accompanies the cut, which comes complete with visuals directed by Allday himself. Allday’s next album, Startup Cult, is set to hit Australian stores July 4; click here to pre-order it on iTunes. Fans can also click here for a free download of this single, valid until the end of the week.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl In The Sun " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.