On Allan Rayman‘s last single and DJBooth debut, featured in late March, the Toronto singer and emcee expressed his devotion to his girl, pledging, “I’d go to hell and back for you.” Unfortunately, his lofty promises weren’t enough to keep her from walking out of his life. So, how is he taking the breakup? Judging by his latest effort, The Ex, the answer is, “not so well.” Backed by Moose Beats’ doleful boardwork, he reveals the extent of the damage: “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, my whole body feels weak.” Though the artist sticks to singing this time, foregoing rapped verses, the finished product is unlikely to disappoint those who were feeling Rayman’s emotionally-fraught debut feature. For more, check out new street album H.O.H.W. when it drops digitally in May.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New $h!t" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.