On Allan Rayman‘s last single and DJBooth debut, featured in late March, the Toronto singer and emcee expressed his devotion to his girl, pledging, “I’d go to hell and back for you.” Unfortunately, his lofty promises weren’t enough to keep her from walking out of his life. So, how is he taking the breakup? Judging by his latest effort, The Ex, the answer is, “not so well.” Backed by Moose Beats’ doleful boardwork, he reveals the extent of the damage: “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, my whole body feels weak.” Though the artist sticks to singing this time, foregoing rapped verses, the finished product is unlikely to disappoint those who were feeling Rayman’s emotionally-fraught debut feature. For more, check out new street album H.O.H.W. when it drops digitally in May.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New $h!t" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.