On Allan Rayman‘s last single and DJBooth debut, featured in late March, the Toronto singer and emcee expressed his devotion to his girl, pledging, “I’d go to hell and back for you.” Unfortunately, his lofty promises weren’t enough to keep her from walking out of his life. So, how is he taking the breakup? Judging by his latest effort, The Ex, the answer is, “not so well.” Backed by Moose Beats’ doleful boardwork, he reveals the extent of the damage: “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, my whole body feels weak.” Though the artist sticks to singing this time, foregoing rapped verses, the finished product is unlikely to disappoint those who were feeling Rayman’s emotionally-fraught debut feature. For more, check out new street album H.O.H.W. when it drops digitally in May.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Toronto buzzmaker Allan Rayman has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut street album, H.O.H.W.. The project packs nine original tracks from the up-and-coming singer and emcee, including "The Ex," "New...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New $h!t" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.