On Allan Rayman‘s last single and DJBooth debut, featured in late March, the Toronto singer and emcee expressed his devotion to his girl, pledging, “I’d go to hell and back for you.” Unfortunately, his lofty promises weren’t enough to keep her from walking out of his life. So, how is he taking the breakup? Judging by his latest effort, The Ex, the answer is, “not so well.” Backed by Moose Beats’ doleful boardwork, he reveals the extent of the damage: “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, my whole body feels weak.” Though the artist sticks to singing this time, foregoing rapped verses, the finished product is unlikely to disappoint those who were feeling Rayman’s emotionally-fraught debut feature. For more, check out new street album H.O.H.W. when it drops digitally in May.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New $h!t" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.