OK, last chance; if Allan Rayman‘s latest feature doesn’t convince you to download his Booth-hosted album, H.O.H.W, we’re gonna step through your computer screen and slap you right in the face. While it might sound drastic, we wouldn’t want you to miss out on the unique musical stylings of this hotter-than-fire T-Dot artist. Speaking of fire, this cut just so happens to be named after the Phoenix, the mythical bird which periodically goes up in flames only to be born anew. Atop a synth-laced boom-bap beat by Moose, Rayman puts his own spin on the “break-up song” formula. In a slurred, sung-rapped vocal delivery, Rayman explains that, though his recent split with his girl has left his world in flames, he will soon rise from the ashes like the record’s namesake. Thanks to his unique style, it won’t be long until he is on top of the charts, making his ex look like a fool. Just give H.O.H.W. a try; it’s free and we guarantee you’ll dig it.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Ex" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.