Some song titles have long backstories or secret meanings. Allan Rayman, however, prefers to give his cuts straightforward names and let his music do the talking. New $h!t is the newest (duh) and final release off of the T-Dot native’s forthcoming mixtape, and finds him once again linking up with go-to producer and project collaborator Moose Beats. Moose’s ambient synths and crashing drums are perfectly matched to Rayman’s unique vocal approach. Allan’s gritty, sung-rapped delivery fuses hip-hop, R&B and even a dash of rock. While he fluctuates between the various styles in his arsenal, his transitions are natural and seamless, making the hodgepodge approach sound very effective. If you want some more New $h!t from Rayman, then be on the lookout for his H.O.H.W mixtape, which will be released in June via The DJBooth.
P.S. If you have a nice set of headphones, I HIGHLY recommend using them for this cut.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Toronto buzzmaker Allan Rayman has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut street album, H.O.H.W.. The project packs nine original tracks from the up-and-coming singer and emcee, including "The Ex," "New...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Ex" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.