Some song titles have long backstories or secret meanings. Allan Rayman, however, prefers to give his cuts straightforward names and let his music do the talking. New $h!t is the newest (duh) and final release off of the T-Dot native’s forthcoming mixtape, and finds him once again linking up with go-to producer and project collaborator Moose Beats. Moose’s ambient synths and crashing drums are perfectly matched to Rayman’s unique vocal approach. Allan’s gritty, sung-rapped delivery fuses hip-hop, R&B and even a dash of rock. While he fluctuates between the various styles in his arsenal, his transitions are natural and seamless, making the hodgepodge approach sound very effective. If you want some more New $h!t from Rayman, then be on the lookout for his H.O.H.W mixtape, which will be released in June via The DJBooth.
P.S. If you have a nice set of headphones, I HIGHLY recommend using them for this cut.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Ex" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.