Seriously, they must be putting something in the water in Canada, because our neighbors to the North seem to spit out unique, talented artists like a factory—from the ever-popular The Weeknd to rap game powerhouse Drake. Toronto artist Allan Rayman seems like he’s been sipping from both camps’ water supply, as the influence of each is apparent on his Booth debut, H.O.H.W. (Hell or High Water). This record features a futuristic, hazy beat from Moose Beats, over which Rayman uses a style similar to that of Abel Tesfaye. However, Allan really creates his own sound, eschewing Auto-Tune and exhibiting a more powerful, raspy vocal delivery. Changing things up, he also spits a few bars with a Drizzy-like energy, while maintaining his hip hop-rooted style in contrast to Drake’s pop-oriented approach. HOHW is set to appear on a forthcoming, as yet-untitled project from Rayman. Keep it locked for further details and song releases leading up to its arrival in July.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below (for mobile) to view Allan Rayman’s Zack Vitiello-directed H.O.H.W visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/4/13
Toronto buzzmaker Allan Rayman has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut street album, H.O.H.W.. The project packs nine original tracks from the up-and-coming singer and emcee, including "The Ex," "New...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Ex" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.