Seriously, they must be putting something in the water in Canada, because our neighbors to the North seem to spit out unique, talented artists like a factory—from the ever-popular The Weeknd to rap game powerhouse Drake. Toronto artist Allan Rayman seems like he’s been sipping from both camps’ water supply, as the influence of each is apparent on his Booth debut, H.O.H.W. (Hell or High Water). This record features a futuristic, hazy beat from Moose Beats, over which Rayman uses a style similar to that of Abel Tesfaye. However, Allan really creates his own sound, eschewing Auto-Tune and exhibiting a more powerful, raspy vocal delivery. Changing things up, he also spits a few bars with a Drizzy-like energy, while maintaining his hip hop-rooted style in contrast to Drake’s pop-oriented approach. HOHW is set to appear on a forthcoming, as yet-untitled project from Rayman. Keep it locked for further details and song releases leading up to its arrival in July.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below (for mobile) to view Allan Rayman’s Zack Vitiello-directed H.O.H.W visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Ex" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.