You can count on a good song to Make You Feel some type of way—be it happy, sad, hype or even slightly uncomfortable. Alina Baraz‘s latest feature? It’ll make you feel like everything’s all right, if only for three minutes and forty seconds. In addition to being a brand new single from the indie singer/songwriter who brought us Candy Coated Toxin, this joint doubles as our introduction to beatsmith Galimatias, who co-headlines it with Baraz. The Booth newcomer’s gauzy production, featuring chopped vocal samples and a warm, reverberant keyboard progression, enfolds the singer as she serenades her man in breathy, cooed verses. While this promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, a few rave Booth reviews just might persuade Alina Baraz and Galimatias to step back in the studio together. Either way, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roses Dipped in Gold" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.