Incredibly it’s been more than two years since we last heard a major release from Alicia Keys (2010’s Unthinkable Remix), and in the meantime a lot has changed for the songstress. With a new husband (Swizz Beatz) and a new baby I’d imagine life feels pretty…well…new for Keys, so it should come as no surprise that her new track is titled New Day. For New Day’s production Keys grabs
Dr. Dre‘s sharp snares and uptempo energy to add to her always piano driven foundation. Vocally Alicia also ups the energy, finding a balance between club hype and smooth R&B that will likely result in more than a couple shower singing sessions worldwide. Even with a “new” sound, this is still the inspiring and uplifting Alicia we’ve always known and loved. With neither a title or release date we could still be in for a wait before we get a new album from Alicia, but after New Day I know I’m not alone in saying it can’t come soon enough.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/28/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.