Incredibly it’s been more than two years since we last heard a major release from Alicia Keys (2010’s Unthinkable Remix), and in the meantime a lot has changed for the songstress. With a new husband (Swizz Beatz) and a new baby I’d imagine life feels pretty…well…new for Keys, so it should come as no surprise that her new track is titled New Day. For New Day’s production Keys grabs
Dr. Dre‘s sharp snares and uptempo energy to add to her always piano driven foundation. Vocally Alicia also ups the energy, finding a balance between club hype and smooth R&B that will likely result in more than a couple shower singing sessions worldwide. Even with a “new” sound, this is still the inspiring and uplifting Alicia we’ve always known and loved. With neither a title or release date we could still be in for a wait before we get a new album from Alicia, but after New Day I know I’m not alone in saying it can’t come soon enough.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.