Incredibly it’s been more than two years since we last heard a major release from Alicia Keys (2010’s Unthinkable Remix), and in the meantime a lot has changed for the songstress. With a new husband (Swizz Beatz) and a new baby I’d imagine life feels pretty…well…new for Keys, so it should come as no surprise that her new track is titled New Day. For New Day’s production Keys grabs
Dr. Dre‘s sharp snares and uptempo energy to add to her always piano driven foundation. Vocally Alicia also ups the energy, finding a balance between club hype and smooth R&B that will likely result in more than a couple shower singing sessions worldwide. Even with a “new” sound, this is still the inspiring and uplifting Alicia we’ve always known and loved. With neither a title or release date we could still be in for a wait before we get a new album from Alicia, but after New Day I know I’m not alone in saying it can’t come soon enough.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/28/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.