Incredibly it’s been more than two years since we last heard a major release from Alicia Keys (2010’s Unthinkable Remix), and in the meantime a lot has changed for the songstress. With a new husband (Swizz Beatz) and a new baby I’d imagine life feels pretty…well…new for Keys, so it should come as no surprise that her new track is titled New Day. For New Day’s production Keys grabs
Dr. Dre‘s sharp snares and uptempo energy to add to her always piano driven foundation. Vocally Alicia also ups the energy, finding a balance between club hype and smooth R&B that will likely result in more than a couple shower singing sessions worldwide. Even with a “new” sound, this is still the inspiring and uplifting Alicia we’ve always known and loved. With neither a title or release date we could still be in for a wait before we get a new album from Alicia, but after New Day I know I’m not alone in saying it can’t come soon enough.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/28/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.